Monday, November 16, 2009

Great News!!

Ok, so I have to back up a bit.  On Nov. 2nd we received a referral for Yohanes.  He is a 5 year old little boy.  We were told then to wait a couple of weeks to see if another referral came in for a little girl.  Well, we hadn't heard anything so last Friday, Nov. 13th, we signed the referral acceptance letter and sent the 1st half of the in country fee in to our Agency.  Well, I called them today and they received it.  So what that means is that we have comitted to having him join our family (we were committed before too, but this I guess makes it official), but that until he passes court he is not legally ours so I can't post pictures just yet.  We, of course think he is amazing.  Such a handsome boy.  We are thrilled and can't wait to bring him home.  We are still waiting to find out about another referral.  We have felt for a long time that there would be a little girl that will be coming home too.  Praying it will work out that we can bring them both home together.  The rest is up to the Lord.  So we wait!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! That is so exciting! We will be praying for your next referral to come soon! God is so good! We are just patiently (really, we are suprisingly) waiting for two referrals. Hope that happens in the next few months, then we'll travel this summer to get them. Seems so far away yet, but time seems to fly by faster and faster these days. Clint actually might be going on a mission trip to Ethiopia in January. Seeking to find where the Lord is leading our family long term. Wondering if God drew us to Ethiopia just to adopt or for something more, missional. We are praying for God to do a radical work in Clint and give him direction for the future of our family. Are you still at the church plant in ER? We're loving Bethlehem still. We hope our home will sell soon so we can move into the city. I didn't know you got a blog. I will check back often now! Take Care- In Christ, Amanda McAlpine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amanda. Good to hear from you. We have a friend who's going on that same mission trip through Bethlehem. I am hopeful she will see my kids. I have to update the blog...more has happened...I will share soon. :)

    Blessings, Vicky

    ReplyDelete