Friday, February 26, 2010

Bad News

Well, this comes with a heavy heart.  I was hopeful to have good news to share, but for now that is not meant to be.  We got word today that they will not see our case until Monday in Ethiopia.  That isn't the worst part.  Recently there was a news story about an agency who is being accused of having done some unethical things.  Whether or not that is true I do not know.  It doesn't seem likely to me that with all the millions of truly abandoned, starving children in the country, that there would be need for them to buy or pay families for their children....but that is not really the issue.  The problem is that because of that story our US Embassy in Ethiopia is now putting on an 8 week hold on all adoptions after they pass court and get filed for an embassy date.  What that means for us is that now instead of possibly traveling in March as we had thought, we will be lucky to get the last embassy date in May.  This is very difficult on our family.  I am struggling with it the most.  I just so badly want to bring my sons home and now I can't.  3 months might not seem like a long time for some things...but when you've waited this long, and you know who your children are, but can't get to them....well....it's just hard. 

I know there is no reason to fret about things I can't do anything about, I know it is all in God's timing, I know that He is sovereign over all of it......but my heart is broken and I'm sad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment