Actually this isn't even the whole day.......but here goes......it was crazy. Me and the 3 amigos took Hailey to Kohl's to get her and Cole a new shirt for their volunteer position (Yeah...go figure...I spent $30 on 2 shirts for their dress code...anyways....). While there, Ella starts yelling.....I'm going to pee my pants....so we rush her to the bathroom....then we get our shirts and leave and head to Bethlehem downtown (for those of you that don't know...our church is an hour away). We get there and the baby has a full diaper...almost a blow out....I change him....get a bottle ready....start for back home....there's an accident on 94 right at Hiawatha where we get on....stopped traffic....3 kids in the car....2 trying to feed the other one a bottle to keep him from crying. When that doesn't work they are shoving little cheerios in his mouth till he chokes, a pacifier until he spits it out, etc.....I can't do a thing about it......but listen and laugh. Then we get to Maple Grove (half way home...do I keep going....oh no...)....all is well so I decide to take on a trip to Costco with 3 kids.....ahhh....that is fun!! Vern was on his way so I thought...how bad could this be. We get a few things in our cart, and Ella has to pee....she's going to pee her pants again...so we push the cart full of kids to the bathroom, stopping to tell a worker/manager that I promise I will not steal anything in my cart but that I need to bring the whole thing into the bathroom and like right now...this is all while Ella is crying that she's going to pee.....AHHHHHH....Ok, it gets better. Then while I'm in the bathroom with her and she's yelling for me to shut the door because she needs privacy, Yonas says Shintabet....that means POOP and PEE....and he's acting antsy, which means he had to go 2 hours ago but didn't. Right then Vern calls and so I tell him to come to the bathroom and take Yonas to the boys room. Me, Ella and the baby finish up in the bathroom and go out....then the baby starts crying...hungry...so I sit at one of those tables and feed him....then we all go eat at the icky pizza stand there. After we made a huge mess, we went and nicely finished shopping....getting stopped only about 10 times by people wanting to ask about our adopted children and to ooh and ahhh over them all. Ok...then off to get gas and here's where it goes bad....I send my husband in his car on some errands for me while I so graciously say....oh honey....I will take the kids home, feed them, and get them in bed......HA HA HA. I get home...the baby is now screaming...he's been in the car for about 5 hours....and he's tired, hungry and he's had it. I take him in the house, lay him on the floor and take the bigger (Ha Ha) kids out to help me bring in the monster size boxes of stuff from Costco (they are 3 and 6 years old)...bad idea....I'm sure you can imagine how that went....I'll spare you. We get everything in finally....and put away the frozen things (still not sure if the freezer door got closed by them)....and the baby is still screaming. I feed him and go to put him to bed....nope....he decides to poop....blow out poop...so I change him and put him back to bed....he's screaming....screaming...so I go outside to get the diaper bag where the medicines are and I realize the windows are open in the house and you can hear him plain as day out there...not sure what our neighbors thought....anyways, I go to give him mylicon and it spills all over his head, his pillow, in his ear...all over his blanket.....OH MY not sure what happened there...I wasn't paying attention to the bottle while the eye dropper was in his mouth!!!!! Screaming again!!!!!! Then I get him out...change his clothes...and Ella goes into the bathroom to get a wet rag for me....falls off the counter and starts screaming....all while Isaiah is screaming in the living room....so I leave Isaiah, go get Ella...give her an ice pack (aka...booboo bear) for her head....she wants me to hold her...Isaiah wants me to hold him....Yonas is looking at me like I am a total nut case and he can't figure out how he got stuck with me. So, then I get them all settled....no one is crying, a movie is on and Vern walks in...NICE....he thinks it's a piece of cake......now I'm crying....hee hee...no not really. I did tell him that I wanted to take up drinking again.....no not really with that one either...but it did sound good at the moment. So then I ask Vern to put the baby on the floor so he could help me with the other two getting ready for bed. He does and Isaiah starts scooting around and goes head first into the Butt Cream that I left open and laying on the floor. Isaiah isn't just getting into it mind you....He's licking it.....WHAT???? Honestly.....we are such bad parents. So far he is ok and we haven't had to call the poison control center yet. :) So there you have it....my crazy night....maybe it will be better tomorrow.
Oh...and now you know why I haven't posted much. No pictures. I've been a bit busy. I wouldn't change a thing though. I love these kids more than you could ever imagine....all 5 of them. God has been so, so good to us!!!! They are amazing and such a gift. Hope the next time I post it will sound like I have it together a bit more.....maybe even a nice routine. (Really it isn't always like this....it has been pretty easy....the kids are doing great....and we rarely hear Isaiah
I'm waiting up for my Big kids....then I will drop into bed and probably get about an hours sleep before Isaiah is up. Good Night!!!!
A New Family Pic for the Old Blog!!!
12 years ago
I'm exhausted, just reading that! But, by the grace of God, you survived!
ReplyDeleteYes and there is grace enough for each new day!! Thank God!!!!
ReplyDelete