So I think I should name this blog.....The Crazy Adventures of this really Crazy family called the Gothman's. How's that?
Ok, some of you may not want to read this, or know this, so here's a disclaimer.....it is going to talk about POOP...so if you are squeamish or puke easily....please just move on....ok, there.....
So, the other night Vern asked me....no....he said, "Vicky, we are going out on a date." I don't really go out much without the kids these days, anyways, I said OH....Alright....so we went out to a movie....just a 2 hr. movie. We left the kids in the care of Cole and Hailey. (Just for the record, I TOTALLY trust my older kids with my little ones or anyone's kids), but now that there are 3 little ones I purposely told them to keep an eye on Ella and Yonas and no tv or computer while I was gone.....just watch the kids. So we get out of the movie and a few minutes later we get a call. Here's how it went......Hailey says, "Mom, we found poop in the bathroom garbage." Hmmmmm.......my first thought was.....well that's new....we've never found poop in the garbage before. Then I ask her, "Hailey, how did Poop get in my bathroom garbage?" "Well, I don't know. I asked both the kids and they have no idea and me and Cole did not do it." "Ok", I said. "Well, how did that happen if you were supposed to be watching the kids the whole night....you know the Not out of your sight kind of watching." Hailey says, "Well, I don't know....we were watching them but there was that time that they were brushing their teeth.....you don't watch them when they brush their teeth do you?" Me...."Um.....yes, as a matter of fact I do." "Well, we didn't, but it wasn't very long." Hailey said. Ok, now back to the poop....how did it get in there? So I say, let me talk to Ella........"Ella, did you put poop in the garbage?" Ella....."No!" Ok, Ella you have to tell me the truth. Ella.....No mom! (So, Vern is in the background and he says, ask her if she did "Just a little bit".....so I did......Ella, did you put just a little poop in the garbage? Ella....."Yesssss....just a little bit!" Ok, why Ella did you put a little poop in the garbage? As I'm trying not to laugh my head off. "Well, because Yonas was brushing his teeth too long" (oh, that makes sense....NOT) What do you mean Ella? Here's how the rest of the conversation went....."Well, Yonas was brushing his teeth and I had to go the bathroom really, really bad.....then I asked him to get out.....he said No Ella I'm brushing my teeth.....then I screamed at him to get out of the bathroom and he didn't so I had to go really, really, really bad." So, what then Ella? "Well, then I pooped a "little bit" in my pants." Input deep sigh from me here.....this is from Ella who up until now, since she was 18 mo. old has never done that....never.....again....deep sigh. So then she continues....."Then once Yonas FINALLY got out of the bathroom, I went and got on the toilet but poop fell on the floor." So, what did you do then Ella? "I picked it up and put it in the garbage Mom! (very proud of what she had done now)" Me....Oh, good...how did you do that? "With my hands!" Me....with another deep sigh......Did you wash your hands after Ella? Ella....."Oh no....I forgot!!!!" ME.......Ella put your sister on the phone right now.
So there you have it......this is why I probably won't go out much anymore....but I am so ok with that. :)
No, really....thank you Cole and Hailey for taking care of your siblings...it meant a lot and you did great with them. They painted, colored, made cookies, danced with them, played games, fed them, put the baby to bed, and managed to clean up the house....I could not ask for better kids. Love, Love, Love the excitement around here. Never a dull moment. Never would I want one. Now off to soccer!!!!
A New Family Pic for the Old Blog!!!
12 years ago
Oh, that's so funny! She was so proud that she took care of the incident by herself! lol.
ReplyDeleteLol. I enjoy hearing about your happenings. This one had me in stitches---still laughing.
ReplyDeleteGlad you got to go on a date night with Vern. :)